Sandy's Thoughts \\ 2.20.15
Yes yes, I'm sure you have all heard this before or maybe saw some inspirational book that runs along the same lines, but this is something that has just been in my mind for so long now. We live in a society that is constantly trying to tell you what to think, what to buy, and who to be. We are taught from a very young age that competition is good, material items are good, and being selfish is good. It's so easy to get sucked into this fast-pace society and lose sight of what life is really about. So this year I want to work on having a rich life in the purest way possible. I want to love more, give more, experience more, and learn more. I want to meditate more, connect with the earth more, and live more naturally.
Basically, I just want to live a simpler life without all the crazy material obsessions, and focus on being a good, more aware, well rounded person.
Yes, I realize how hippie (and perhaps cliche) this all sounds, but I believe these changes will allow me grow and be a better individual in the long run. And, I know this will be somewhat of a challenging change for me cause as some of you already know, I love to shop. I'm the kind of person that makes up excuse to justify buying that pair of shoes (And I mean I make the most ridiculous excuses possible.) Of course change doesn't just occur overnight, so don't expect me to be all Joan Baez the next time you see me. But I feel it's important for me to start making these small changes and simply take a break from society telling me what should make me "happy". I look forward to and embrace the change that will come out of this new journey. This is just where I stand and what's been going on in my little brain of mine. And by the way, if you actually took the time to read this, you're super cool in my eyes. Until next time!
Sincerely,
Sandy's Brain
Comments
Post a Comment